*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*

One Hundred Thirty Pounds Ago,

I shed my shell and Got My Wings!

Thursday, March 10, 2005

Feeling Great!



I just thought I'd update about my weight loss. The picture above is of my newest niece and me. It isn't the most recent, it's about a month old, but I don't have any more current.

Oddly enough lately I haven’t been losing any weight, but I have still been losing inches around my body. This, I'm told, is normal for my surgery...it's a break my body takes to catch up from losing weight so fast. Yesterday, despite my recent trip to McDonalds I told you all about, I got into my first pair of size eights! I don't think I've been in a size eight since I was about six years old (regardless that those are a different kind of size eights...this kind of size eight I think I just flat bypassed as an adolescent and went straight into 14's, 16's, and XL's). I also bought a size small t-shirt. I'm still very comfortable in a size 10 dress though.

Almost a year after surgery and this all still seems so surreal to me. It was only mid January when I got so excited that I fit into my mother-in-law's size 12's that I left her standing in a room in her underwear while I ran to the living room to show everyone that her pants fit me! Not even two months later and I'm already down two more sizes! Man oh man is this getting expensive though! I'm starting the summer with nothing...literally...at the end of last summer I was happily just getting into a size 16, now all of those just fall off me.

Got My Wings at 1:51 PM

0comments

0 Comments

Post a Comment