*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*

One Hundred Thirty Pounds Ago,

I shed my shell and Got My Wings!

Sunday, August 14, 2005

Luau Time!

Ruben and I decided to have a get together for everyone in our wedding party because very few of them have ever met before. I think it only makes since that if a group of people have agreed to stand up for us at our wedding, that they should know each other a little better than only meeting at the wedding shower and ceremony rehersal...right? So, we are throwing a Luau! I know the typical Luau stuff like Flower Leis and Hula skirts and Tiki torches. But, I need some other unique ideas....anybody got any????

Got My Wings at 7:14 PM

4comments

4 Comments

at 9:26 PM Blogger Zette said...

I am the worst when it comes to thinking of new, unique ideas, which is why I LOVE the internet. Soooo....I Googled "luau party" and came up with what seemed like a few good sites to get you going. Or at least I hope so. Google it yourself or just go here:

1) http://www.party411.com/theme28.html
2) http://www.luaupartysupplies.com/
3)http://or.essortment.com/hawaiianluaupa_rctc.htm

Good luck! Sounds expensive, but WELL WORTH IT for all the fun and yummy stuff!

 
at 12:50 PM Blogger Ruben said...

Two words baby - Hula Skirt!

 
at 1:14 PM Blogger Angel said...

Check out Oriental Trading Company (they have a website). I just got a catalogue with a ton of Luau items, and their prices are pretty good--plus you can usually find free shipping codes online.

Sounds like you all deserve a nice party :)

 
at 3:50 AM Blogger Neonalune said...

Holy Snap! Love your background. I don't have time to read your blog this morning, but are you Rubens girl??? The one who works with children? Also, congrats on the 130. I've lost 50 but seem to be perpetually stuck now for the last 2 years. I'll come back later and read more!

 

Post a Comment